Heart, Head, BMI, Bloods. What do these all have in common? From the title we hope you are able to guess the obvious answer.
Whilst these do provide useful information regarding your health, we live in an age where the majority of us are time-poor. The precious time we do have, must be used wisely.
Introducing – HOMOCYSTEINE, your one stop general health summary.
The Basic Science
When we eat foods that contain protein, our body naturally produces Homocysteine. This Homocysteine is then converted into glutathione and SAMe which are both key players in maintaining the chemical balance of your body.
But what happens if Homocysteine does not get converted?
Low levels of Glutathione and SAMe in the body.
- The body becomes unable to maintain its chemical balance.
Increased levels of Homocysteine in the blood.
- Causes a range of different conditions e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke, depression, diabetes and Alzheimer’s.
- Damages your arteries, brain and DNA.
With every five-point increase in your Homocysteine score, you gain…
- A 26% increased risk of death from cancer
- A 50% increased risk of death from cardiovascular diseases
- A 104% increased risk of death from causes other than cancer or heart disease.
Experts believe that a Homocysteine level below 6 units is ideal!
*There are a range of Homocysteine test kits available on the market.
What can you do to Reduce the level of Homocysteine in your blood in just a few weeks!
- Supplement a high strength multi-vitamin that provides at least 25mg main B vitamins, 200mcg folate, 1g of vitamin C, 10mcg vitamins B12, B6, A, D, E , the minerals magnesium, selenium, chromium, zinc and Trimethyl glycine (TMG).
Here are a few highly rated multi-vitamins
- Eat less fatty meat, eat more fish, vegetables and veg protein
- Eat a clove of garlic per day
- Cut back on tea, coffee and alcohol
- Reduce stress
- Stop smoking
- Don’t add salt to food.